May 16, 2010
Feijoa and passion fruit jam
One of my favorite jams. It tastes just amazing :)
Ingredient (Make about two 300 ml jars.):
2 cups Feijoa pulp (cut fruit in half and scoop out the contents with a spoon)
1.5 cups of sugar
2 large passion fruits (pulp scooped out and mashed to separate juice and seeds)
2 tbsp vodka
100 ml water
1. Scoop out the fruits from the feijoa.
2. Put fruits into a pot and add water.
3. Boil on medium heat until the fruits are soft (about 15 minutes). Stir occassionally. Use a potato masher to gently mash the fruit.
4. Add sugar, passion fruit pulp with seeds and stir until dissolve.
5. Bring to a rapid boil and continue to boil for about 20 minutes or until the mix reach setting point, giving it the occasional stir.
6. Add vodka and stir to mix.
7.Pour into sterilized jars, seal and store in a cool place.