Feb 21, 2010
Katmer Pogaça (puff buns with cheese)
I made those beautiful croissant-like buns with mozzarella, chocolate and strawberries. They are always good and tasty.
Recipe from La mercante di spezie
For the dough
500 grams flour
200 ml milk
100 ml vegetable oil
5 g dried yeast
1 egg white
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
80 g butter
300 g of fresh cheese (goat cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese)
1 yolk and milk to brush
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk with sugar, pour into bowl with sifted flour and begin kneading the dough. Add oil, egg white and salt, knead, cover bowl with foil and leave in a warm place until dough doubles.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts, roll balls, cover and leave for 15 minutes
- Roll out each ball into flat circles about the same size, put them on each other greasing with softened butter well. Use a good quantity of butter, it will puff the buns.
- Turn a stack of circles upside down and begin to roll, you should get a big circle with a diameter of 50-70 cm
- Cut it into 16 parts, as croissants
- Put a spoonful of cheese or cottage cheese on a wide part of each triangle, fold the edges inward and roll into rolls like croissant
- Lay them on a tray covered with baking paper, grease with the egg yolk stirred with milk. Leave for 1-1,5 hours
- Bake in preheated oven (180-200C) for 25-30 minutes until well browned.